If the validity of temporary registration or licence plate expires before the vehicle is registered in Finland, a transfer permit must be obtained for the vehicle from a vehicle inspection station. In such a case, the insurance policy to be appended to the transfer permit is printed at an insurance company or at the vehicle inspection station.