Until 31 May 2023: As a rule, when a Finnish vehicle is responsible for the accident, the claims handling process will be coordinated by Russia's Green Card office in Moscow. The actual claims handling will take place in a Russian motor liability insurance company belonging to the Green Card system as a commission from the Green Card office.

From 1 June 2023 onwards: The green cards are no longer valid in Russia and Belarus. The claims settlement and compensation are taken care of by the Russian company that has insured the vehicle.

In the event of an accident, fill in and sign (with clarification of signature) the accident report. When travelling to Russia, it is worthwhile printing out an international accident report form to take with you on the trip. The international form is available on page: Forms.