For the "licence plate agreement countries", i.e. the EEA countries, Andorra, Serbia and Switzerland, the vehicle's licence plate is basically sufficient proof of holding valid motor liability insurance. The insurance cover of vehicles coming from other green card countries is evidenced by a valid green card. Frontier motor liability insurance must always be taken out for a vehicle from a country outside the green card system before it arrives in the country.