The Finnish Motor Insurers’ Centre (LVK) serves as the Finnish information centre as required by the Directive. This means that if you know the vehicle's registration number, you can determine the insurance company of the vehicle involved in the accident and the company’s claims representative with LVK's help.

LVK assists the injured parties with the claim process by providing a searchable claims representative register.

Via the claims representative, you can liaise with the insurance company responsible for the accident from within Finland.

In addition to those involved in the road accident, the claims representative register can be used by the information centres operating in other countries to find the insurance company of a Finnish vehicle.

Search for a claims representative from the register

More information on the claims representative register

In the register, you can find the insurance company of the person responsible for the accident or the claims representative appointed by that insurance company. The contact details found from the register indicate the person you should be in contact with to claim compensation.

The claims representative means the instance that a foreign insurance company has authorised to serve as its representative in handling international accidents. The claims representative handles the road accidents for and on behalf of the foreign insurance company concerned.

In order to find information about the company or its claims representative, you will need to indicate the home country of the vehicle that caused the accident. If you already know the insurance company of the vehicle that caused the accident, the search will provide you with the company’s contact details.

Using the claims representative search is free of charge.

If the accident was caused by a non-Finnish vehicle in Finland, please contact us

In most cases, the Finnish Motor Insurers’ Centre handles traffic accidents caused by non-Finnish vehicles in Finland. In the event of such an accident, contact the Finnish Motor Insurers' Centre. For instructions, please visit the Claim compensation from LVK page.