Search for a claims representative

The Finnish Motor Insurers' Centre (LVK) serves as the Finnish information centre as required by the Motor Insurance Directive. This means that with the help of LVK, Finns who have been involved in a road accident in another EEA country may claim compensation from their home country in their native language.

  • LVK assists the injured parties in filing their claim by making a searchable claims representative register available to them. From the register, the injured party will find the guilty party's insurance company or the claims representative appointed by that company. The contact details found from the register indicate the instance the insured party should be in contact with to claim compensation.
  • In order to find information about the company or its claims representative, you will need to indicate the home country of the vehicle that caused the accident. If you already know the insurance company of the vehicle that caused the accident, the search will provide you with the company's contact details.

The claims representative
means the instance that a foreign insurance company has authorised to serve as its representative in handling international accidents. The claims representative handles the road accidents for and on behalf of the foreign insurance company concerned.

In addition to the parties involved in a road accident, the searchable claims representative register may also be used by hospital districts, for example, as well as by the information centres operating in other countries to find the insurance company of a Finnish vehicle. The registration information of Finnish vehicles are populated to the system from the Vehicular and Driver Data maintained by Traficom.

Click here to access the searchable claims representative register.

The service is free of charge.

The Finnish Motor Insurers' Centre handles the traffic accidents caused by foreign vehicles in Finland. In the event of an accident, contact the Finnish Motor Insurers' Centre.