Motor liability insurance granted in Finland is valid in all EEA countries and Switzerland. However, we recommend that you acquire a Green Card for car trips in EEA countries outside the Nordic countries.

As a rule, road accidents are compensated for in accordance with the legislation of the country in which the incident took place. In EEA countries, Finnish motorists can choose, when they are the guilty party, whether to use the motor liability insurance of their own vehicle, which also covers possible bodily injuries to the driver and the owner of the vehicle.

EEA countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

In addition to these countries, motor liability insurance granted in Finland covers, for Finns or other citizens of EEA countries, losses that have occurred going directly through a country on a trip from one EEA country to another.